In July 2010, it acquired a 45 per cent participating interest in three producing assets (OMLs 4, 38 and 41) and was appointed operator of these portfolio of three on-shore producing oil and gas leases located in the prolific western Niger Delta basin of Edo and Delta states. The 45% participating interest in these OMLs were acquired from SPDC, Total (E&P) Nigeria and NAOC. At the beginning, SEPLAT was in JV partnership with NNPC (Nigerian National Petroleum Co-operation) until NNPC transferred its 55% interest to NPDC (Nigeria Petroleum Development Company). SEPLAT is the operator of these assets in the NPDC/SEPLAT Joint Venture.
SEPLAT has become a leading indigenous oil and gas operator in Nigeria. The company has increased its production and reserves year-on-year and has grown revenues and net profit in each year since it commenced operations. The company’s production has maintained a remarkable growth trajectory, rising from a gross operated oil production of 14,000 barrels per day at inception to its current daily crude oil production of around 60,000 barrels per day. The OMLs have a combined proven and probable reserve in excess of 500 million barrels of liquid hydrocarbon and gas reserves in excess of 1.6TCF. These provide a platform for significant potential growth.
SEPLAT is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Maintenance Engineering Lead
Overall Purpose of the Job:
To develop, deploy and provide guidance on maintenance strategy, standards and procedures across Seplat organisation. Monitor, review and drive compliance with the standards, procedures in order to achieve organisational focus and sustain high availability of production and safety critical equipment in all producing facilities.
- Define and monitor compliance with maintenance strategy for production and safety critical equipment to ensure their continuous availability at minimal cost.
- Produce and regularly review maintenance procedures for existing and new equipment in the facilities through application of a reliability centred maintenance (RCM) methodology
- Provide input into maintenance reporting format to promote the acquisition and analysis of critical data required for evaluation of the maintenance system effectiveness.
- Develop competency assessment matrix for all categories of maintenance personnel. Develop requirements for training and certification of maintenance staff.
- Provide requirements and guidelines on application of integrity assurance and reliability technology to assist in improved production delivery.
- Provide maintenance input and participate in new projects as may be required from concept development to commissioning.
- Define and review periodically, quality control and quality assurance requirements for vendor executed activities.
- Establish a coaching and mentoring scheme for a total development of maintenance personnel.
- Develop and deploy maintenance standards, strategy and guidelines to govern the execution of maintenance activities in Seplat. Carry out periodic review for continued relevance and effectiveness.
Job Knowledge and Qualifications:
- B. Eng./Sc degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Instrumentation Engineering with a minimum of 15 years of experience in oil and gas industry.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years hands on experience as a Maintenance Supervisor in an oil and gas operation.
Presentation skill, Good inter-personal relation, Effective communication skill, Technical writing skill, Knowledgeable on local and international standards/procedures, Analytical mind, Self -motivated and achievement oriented.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should
Click here to apply online SEARCH FOR HIGH PAID JOBS HERE