GE Energy Recruit for Energy Project Development – Project Associate
|GE Energy recently signed an MOU with the Nigeria's Federal Ministry of Power. The purpose of the MoU is to jointly develop 10GW over 10 years with the Federal government of Nigeria and Private sector power developers. The MOU Development team lead implementation of the MOU by originating, structuring and execution of incremental power generation projects which will drive profitable growth for GE Energy in Nigeria. Development will include external partnering initiatives as well as internally|
Job Number: 1535670
Business: GE Global Growth & Operations
Business Segment: Global Growth & Operations - Africa
Posted Position Title: Energy Project Development – Project Associate
Career Level: Experienced
Function: Business Management
Function Segment: Executive Management
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces:
This Project Associate role will report to the Project Development Leader. The Project Associate will maintain project profomas and other analysis crticial for identification, selection and development of investible power projects. As directed by the execution director, the project Associate will also work with other team members including legal/compliance, debt & equity capital markets, Energy Financial Services functional teams, as well as GE Energy commercial team inclusive of equipment sales and GPO/EPC relationship manager.
Specific activities will include:
- Identify, screen, select and negotiate new project development opportunities for GE Energy.
- Identify, screen and structure business deals and opportunities
- Promote progress on existing projects, either by supporting the co-developer and/or by undertaking development initiatives as required from time to time.
- Protect GE Africa's interest both within and outside contractual arrangements.
- Follow-up on project progress & budgets and report to team.
- Support sell-up activities on current deals or projects.
- University degree, preferably in engineering and/or finance.
- MBA or Master's degree in a related field.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in similar infrastructure position (Energy) with strong understanding of the key stakeholders, environment including project development agreements, EPC
Agreements, management of consultants and subcontractors, land deals, permitting procedures, project finance structures and financial models.
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, self-motivated and pro-active.
- Ability to work independently as well as ability to work well with diverse, cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated project management and financial skills in cost/budgeting.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Computer literate (Word / Excel / Power point and MS Project).
- Proven ability to influence and drive change through exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated tendency to challenge the status quo and drive constant improvement in process and ability to achieve organizational goals.
- Great presentational skills, able to present ideas in a way that produces understanding and impact.
- Ability to resolve complex issues within specified area. Ability to develop and execute multiple priorities and approaches to meet objectives. Proven ability to effectively communicate across a distributed workforce.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) qualifications.
- Green Belt or Black Belt certification (GE Employees Only).
- Fluency in English language
- Solid Knowledge of African Market / Environment.
Business Manager, Compliance, Customer Service, Energy, Engineer, Engineering, Equity, Federal Government, Finance, Government, Legal, Management, MBA, Outside Sales, Project Manager, Relationship Manager, Sales, Technology
APPLY ONLINE HERE